Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
RedArrow
RedArrow

I'm free.... Empty I'm free....

Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:50 am
Fade into Red Arrow’s locker room…

Crackling sounds hummed into the air, the cameras nearby seemingly malfunctioning in response to the presence of ‘The Dreamer’ Dollia Trypp. Slowly one after the other all the cameras burst into flames.

A faint mocking smile tipped her lips, delighting in the flickering flames that sprang to life as a result of her eerie abilities.As the flames died out, the scent of burning plastic and metal would fill the air. Smoke unfurled in an interesting pattern. Leaving behind the tell-tale signs of an impromptu fire whose origin was not quite natural. Both Dollia and Red Arrow had seen their fair share of man made fires. But the fires that came about by way of Dollia’s gift? Those were more esoteric and magical in nature.

‘The Dreamer’ Dollia Trypp: “A tournament begins. A path to gold has been revealed. Who does my dear Red Arrow get to fight first? An entity known as Jimmy. Time to clip the bow string of a wannabe hero?. Therein lies a mistake, Red Arrow is no hero. The terms hero, and villain are outdated.”

Silence holds true for a precious few minutes. Like sand falling through an hourglass, time passed slowly.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. An ancient looking dusty clock kept on ticking away. Pale blue eyes that belonged to Red Arrow did flick up and down the grandfather clock. He was sure it hadn’t been there before. Was he hallucinating? Was this a flicker of a memory? A metaphor for something he hadn't yet considered?. All he could be sure about was none of this made sense.

Red Arrow: “Time waits for no man, it simply keeps going. Each tick of the clock is but a countdown to the opening round of a tournament to crown a champion. Looking through the list of tournament entrants, who do we have? Ashla Mari. Sophie Desire. Jimmy. Widowmaker. Eddie London. Vahn. Silverdog. Wolfie. Skye. Piper. Carty. Roak. Gary G. Sam Haze. Jonny Hurricane. Mauler. John Ryder. Gino. And last and most certainly least, the entity known as Edo.”

Scorn dripped off that last word spoken, the memory of their encounter with Edomite still fresh in their mind.

Red Arrow paced back and forth, a flicker of frustration appearing on their features. Frustration born of the encounter with Edomite it would seem. A voice in Red Arrow’s mind whispered that Edomite had perhaps unknowingly opened Pandora's box. It was unclear what would happen next. Red Arrow could feel his eyes narrowing, an eerie blue pin prick was all that could be seen.

Red Arrow: “Eventually boxes get opened. There's a story about that, right? It's Greek in nature. I suppose I should be thanking you Edomite. In short our brief exchange, our war of words woke something up, something that had been asleep. Now I’m free…. Free to explore who or what I am….”

Harsh and mocking laughter surged into the air, a rough and wild chaotic sound whirling about through the air.

Dollia placed a hand on Red Arrow’s shoulder, the pair out of view, Red Arrow’s words lingering, an ominous energy dwelling inside the veins of whoever or whatever had been awakened inside Red Arrow’s mind.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum