Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
RedArrow
RedArrow

Maximum Effort Empty Maximum Effort

Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 am
A dark foreboding aura lingers in the air, as the features of Red Arrow come into view. There is a distinct chill in the air ahead of his latest match, challenging for gold. There is only the fight, the battle is all that exists in Red Arrow’s mind. No distractions, only sheer unrelenting focus.

War is the concept that Red Arrow has devoted his life to. The thrill of conquest, of a daunting challenge that seems unbreakable on the surface only increases Red Arrow’s desire to prove himself with each appearance in the ring.

The camera pans around swinging to reveal a tapestry of scenes of battle, of conquests long forgotten in the modern era. Splashes of red fill out the tapestry, a macabre artwork that showcases the reality of the life that Red Arrow knows.

Red Arrow: “I’m all in, I won’t hold back, I’ll keep on fighting, keep on coming like a relentless tidal wave. Maximum effort. It’s not in my nature to hold back or show restraint. You say this is my chance to prove myself, to show you who I am, what I’m capable of. Consider your challenge accepted.

He took a pause here, his lips twisting into a smirk, no fear or hesitation present in his eyes.

Red Arrow: “Your prayers have been answered, you pray for a fight? For someone to deliver you a challenge. That is what I plan to do. I heard you speak about pushing the limits of what is considered greatness, how you desire to keep improving. This is good. You aren’t static, aren’t content with what you have. Neither am I.”

Red Arrow paused again, still smirking.

Red Arrow: “The thing about hammers is that they can be broken. They can be smashed, shattered, destroyed. I am well aware that this is no mere match, this is going to be a war. A war in which we’ll both come out battered and bruised.”

Red Arrow clapped his hands together, low and grim laughter slipping out. Pacing slightly Red Arrow glared down into the camera, the darkness in his eyes increased until his eyes were completely black, not a speck of light to be seen.

Red Arrow: “I will provide more than 110 percent. I don’t quit, I don’t bend, I don’t break. I don’t stand down for anyone. This is my friendly warning to you Mr Hammer. I will do more than try…. That I promise you. The truth is simple… I am looking forward to standing across the ring from you, testing your mettle, seeing just how far you’ll go to back up your words.”

Reaching down, Red Arrow set the briefcase in front of the camera, mimicking launching an arrow in the direction of the camera.

Red Arrow: “The Arrow has been fired, target acquired. I hope you’ll give me a fight, a real challenge. Blood will  be spilled, injuries are likely to occur. This is par for the course amidst war.”

Red Arrow turned on his heel, making his final preparations as the camera faded to black.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum