Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
RedArrow
RedArrow

The rising Darkness  Empty The rising Darkness

Thu May 02, 2024 9:21 am
Pre recorded footage, abandoned hospital.

Embers crackled and roared, as shadows flickered along the wall. Ghastly ominous shapes came to life on the wall, a macabre dance rarely seen anymore. Residing in the center of the room, a room that had the aesthetic of a surgeon's office. This room was cold, a tomb to house the injured, the broken and the forever lost. This cold was not merely a fancy term used to describe temperature. No. This was about more than simply temperature. The very aura of the room reflected a stark cold atmosphere.

Red Arrow strode into view of the camera, eyes narrowed, a glimmer of darkness shining in the depths of their eyes. His hands were steady, unshakeable, an almost icy cold demeanour making itself known through his actions.

Red Arrow: "Here in this hospital my story began, I was a quiet child, intense and focused even then. Naturally as I grew older that intensity never went away. Early on I developed a pragmatic outlook regarding the world. As far as I was aware hospitals were intended to be places of healing, where in you could find help. This turned out to be a lie, a well placed lie created by those who thought they wielded any real power.

Red Arrow took a pause, a terrifying scene playing out along the wall. Closing his eyes for but the briefest of moments, a chillingly evil grin alighted itself on Red Arrow's face.

Red Arrow: "Did you know that there's only so much trauma a mind can take before it breaks completely. Trauma inflicted by the hands of would be healers. At some point I began to file away tormented, dark thoughts into little boxes. Thus I began to compartmentalize and lock away certain memories from view. And for a time this compartmentalization worked, I was happy, I was relaxed and almost completely carefree. Those dark thoughts? They are all about a hatred of doctors, of medical professionals that has been bubbling away beneath the surface, unseen and unknown."

He continued to stride through the abandoned hospital, his pace swift and surefooted.

Breathing slow, his chest rose and fell, Red Arrow's evil smile never left his face. Drumming his fingers along a flat and clean counter-top, words began to flow once more.

Red Arrow: "I made a choice, a vow that I'd spend the rest of my life seeking revenge on doctors, on surgeons. That I'd teach them the lesson that they so graciously taught me. Pain can be a teacher, can allow one to uncover a strength they never they had. The physical pain I could accept. What I couldn't accept was how they played with my mind, how they chose to downplay the fact that I knew my own body better than they ever did. To lose a mind is a terrible thing, to be told you don't know what you are talking about, to be treated like a second class citizen that was a insult I never forgot."

Silence reigned for a few moments, allowing Red Arrow's words to sink in.

Red Arrow: "In closing should the chance to punish a doctor come my way. I will take it. Ashla Mari, you claim the title of doctor, that makes you my target. Maybe you are one of the rare few good ones, maybe you are just as vile as the others I've known. Either way I look forward to the opportunity that has been gifted to me. A opportunity to deal out a beat-down, to repay the gift I was given. Pain has made me stronger, more resilient, I wonder what it will do for you Ashla".

End of pre-recorded footage.

Fade in on Red Arrow's locker room.

Dollia Trypp: "Ashla Mari. Mauler. Red Arrow has set his sights on taking you both down, this shall be more than a match. This is a fight. This is war. If you thought Red Arrow was lethal before, just wait till you see how lethal he is now. The third eye has altered the game, has changed things on a cellular level. Abandon hope all who stand before The Red Arrow. If you are lucky maybe you'll survive the encounter, you'll likely walk away with a different mindset than you had going in."

Dollia simply smiled angelically as if she hadn't just implied a threat. Her eyes shone brightly as she let her words sink in.

Dollia Trypp: "Ashla Mari. Mauler. My Red Arrow shall see you soon. Soon you shall look into the eyes of a determined individual, an individual who has found a way to weaponize darkness and bend it to his will."

Red Arrow: "Darkness comes for everyone eventually. It just so happens that you Ashla and you Mauler are the very first to experience it first hand."

With no more words spoken both Dollia and Red Arrow exited the locker room, Red Arrow humming a long forgotten tune that sounded something like go walking after midnight.

Fade to black...

Ashla_Mari likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum