Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Goliathus

Quickie Before The Match -- Empire Show Empty Quickie Before The Match -- Empire Show

Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:03 pm
The camera follows Yukimura Furuhata as he is walking toward the ring from the backstage. This is evident by his outfit -- his shirt is always off when he's ready for a match. It doesn't take long for him to be interrupted by Susan Black, who waits for him in the middle of the hallway. She cuts into his path, making her intention clear that she's there for him.

Yukimura, as naive as he always is, doesn't seem to pick up on the hint. He goes to the side, for Susan Black to adjust her position to stay in front of him -- and again -- and again, until she decides action alone isn't enough.

Susan Black: Yukimura, please stay for a quick interview.

Yukimura doesn't look like he wants to bite. He gestures to the direction of the ring, as if he's really in a hurry.

Susan: It's fine. Your match won't start without you -- and it's a live interview, please say hi to the camera!

She says as she extends her hand to lead him to a better position for the camera shot. Yukimura obliges after a slight bow, as he usually does. Indeed, he waves to the camera after that, as blissful as he ever is.

Yukimura Furuhata: Hi everyone.

Susan Black isn't sure if he should be taking her words so literally, but keeps her judgemental expression to herself. Only the keen ones would notice her rapid expression change in mere seconds.

Susan: Yukimura, we have been wanting to speak to you again after your debut victory two weeks ago. How have you been?

Yukimura: I ma good, tank yu. I had been busy. Larning Englirishu, train everyday, dat kind of stuff.

Susan: *under her breath* I don't think your English is improving *not anymore* And that's great! You secured a victory in your debut match, Would you mind sharing your thoughts?

Yukimura: I am a bit sad about it. I am so prepared, be ready for I am the first entrant, to go all-ru da way, to show what I can do. But I am the final entrant. I win, but I think I can show more. I cannot in that match, but I am ready for what next to come.

Susan: You said you have been doing training every day. Are you doing anything different to prepare for your upcoming opponent, StuntmasterPecs?

Yukimura: I want to, but he is a mystery like me. Debut match tonight. I cannot find information. I do believe in preparing for everything and to be good at many things. So, I just train many things that I do, to do them better, to handle all dem skills.

Susan: I do wish you good luck in your match and I am sure you can showcase more of your amazing skills in a single match.

Susan looks like she is about to end the interview and let him go, stepping away from the pathway, but Yukimura stops her.

Yukimura: Can I give someone a "shut out"?

Susan is baffled by the sudden stop, but even more so by his words.

Susan: "Shut out"? I don't understand.

But she is smart enough to figure that out after a few seconds.

Susan: Shout out?

In which Yukimura gives her the thumbs up.

Yukimura: Ya ya, "shut out". I want to say thank you to Eddie Wilson for his words about Japan and Puroresu before in the P-L-O-W show. I can see you hit hard like strong style, and I am happy to wrestle you any time. It can be partner or enemy. Or we train together and learn each other. I like that too.

As he finishes his "shut out", he takes a bow to Susan and continues down his path, slipping past her easily before she can take any step. This Japanese man reallllllly wants to get into the ring as soon as he can.

Susan watches as he walks off-screen before focusing herself back to the camera with a smile until the eventual transition.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum