Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
October 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Goliathus

A Little Pre-Show Chit-Chat Empty A Little Pre-Show Chit-Chat

Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:09 pm
Earlier that day...

Yukimura was seen hanging out with the ring crew, setting up the ring in the gym as part of the crew. He stood out among the crew. He blends in pretty well as a "normie", a vibe he gave up at his first show here. Mark White was in the scene earlier as well, talking to many workers in the scene doing all the set up before realizing that there's an actual wrestler among them.

Mark White: Oh hey there, Yukimura. You are way too early today. Are you even booked for the night?

Yukimura Furuhata: Hello, Mark-san.

He took a light bow as he answered, even extended his hand for a hand shake afterwards. Mark was still getting used to this kind of mannerism from the Japanese young man, but obligated with a firm hand shake after a second of pause.

Yukimura: I am not wrestling tonight, but I am here to watch the show. I like to watch newcomers like myself, trying to learn a thing or two from them. Veterans might be more skillful, but their styles are there. I like watching new things to inspire myself.

Mark: What about the ring? I see you helping to set it up.

Yukimura seemed interested for a longer chat. He sat on the edge of the freshly done ring and gestured for Mark to do the same with his hand. It's not often that Mark would be sitting on the ring so he was uncertain for a second. The man thought for few seconds, shrugged as if to say "what the hell, why not?" before jumping up the ring. He misjudged the height and was almost unbalanced -- but Yukimura was there to keep him steady.

Yukimura: Careful there, Mark-san.

Mark calmly sat down after the little bit of drama.

Yukimura: Some wrestling companies in Japan have their newcomers be part of the ring crew. I came here over staying in Japan but I want to experience the same thing. To me personally, there are different types of wrestlers. Some are performers, they come to perform and they go. That's not me. I want to experience wrestling from many angles. Setting up the ring helps me understand something different from just wrestling inside the ring. If I can improve my English well, I want to sit on the commentator table one day, so I can experience wrestling from there.

He took a pause as he touched the rope behind him...and then the ring mat below him.

Yukimura: My family is full of martial artists. Some of them enter the entertainment industry. Movies and dramas. Not big one, you won't know them. Cannot find any in Netflix or DVD store. But they are involved. Some of them play different roles after they stay longer in the industry. Not just actors, they direct, or do other backstage roles. I listen to their story and also pay a visit to studio before. They tell me they learn a lot from different roles. I want to learn a lot about wrestling too. And to appreciate wrestling I want to do more.

Mark sighed all of a sudden as he felt like he was put on an early duty today. It's hard to change one's habit though, and Mark has always been an excellent interviewer. He had too many questions for this impromptu interview of a chat.

Mark: That's quite new to me. I mean, I know that every country has different wrestling culture, but I have not seen any Japanese came here and did the things you do. You said you didn't spend much time wrestle in Japan, but from what I read, you did wrestle there for a bit before coming here? That sounded like you have paid you due as a rookie anyway, which as you said are the type of guy to do...the things that you did.

Yukimura: Oh I don't have much chance to do that. Usually, you need to join the big companies to do those things. I only wrestle in some small shows with small companies. Some of them don't even have rings. It's different kind of wrestling. I don't get my chance to do them. But I wrestle in school gym a lot. Very common place for small shows in Japan.

Mark: I see. Well, I am sure the crew don't mind you joining at any time. Just don't get yourself injured. We don't usually ask the stars or even trainees to do these works just so they won't get injured. You had a couple matches, how are you feeling now that you have settled down here?

Yukimura: I feel like I still have too many things to improve. I want more matches to be like my last match. I like my performance there, but I know it is hard to be that successful every time. I don't think too much about wins and loses but about how I can improve after every match. I think the best about this company is that I can fight many different styles of people. In Japan, there are many different wrestlers but we are all under puroresu system. Gaijins are not common outside big companies. I think the variety here makes me a better wrestler.

Mark almost started another question before seeing his vibrating phone. He checked on it and jumped down from the ring.

Mark: Sorry mate but I have to be elsewhere. See you later when the show starts.

The sudden interruption cut the chat in short. Yukimura understood the man's busy and waved him good bye before joining the crew once again, setting up the chairs around the gym.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum