Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Ashla_Mari
Ashla_Mari

Dissertation Defense - In-Ring (Before Match) Empty Dissertation Defense - In-Ring (Before Match)

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:34 pm
"Celebrity Skin" by Hole reverberates throughout the arena as Ashla steps out onto the stage, lip-singing the lyrics as she bounces up and down rhythmically. Her arms swing wildly as she approaches the cameraman and continues to sign, weaving theme-appropriate gestures, before she snaps back towards the ring. She sheds her leather jacket as she descends the ramp.

Fireworks launch from the stage behind her, firing over her in brilliant flashes. The light show illuminates a confident grin on the beanie thief as she absorbs all the chaotic energy from the arena.

Maybe they'll finally have some answers after her hit-and-run appearance at Crowning Glory.

James Brown: Who let HER in the building again? Has she checked in with her probation officer? Her psychologist?

David Brown: Relax James. Do you see any handcuffs or a strait jacket? I'm sure management has it all under control. And hey, didn't you notice she doesn't even have that steel chair any more? Just give her a chance and hear her out.

She's holding a framed object and a microphone as she makes her way to the ring and rolls in.

She pops up and soaks in the moment as the crowd continues to shower her in their outcry.

Crowd: ASHLA! ASHLA! ASHLA!

After a couple of moments she lifts the microphone to her lips.

Ashla: Actualllly… it's “Doctor” now.

She gestures to the framed object in her hand, and as the camera zooms in the object becomes clearer.

(OOC: Insert certificate)

Ashla: As you can all see I've been busy since I was away. Shortly after Widowmaker and I went off into the sunset the authorities caught up and hauled me away. Doctor Ashla Mari officially fought the law… and the law won.

The crowd boos as the security guards ringside look around nervously.

Ashla: The time I spent there wasn't easy. I can go the rest of my life without ever seeing another white wall again.

James Brown: Are they REALLY sure they couldn’t keep her any longer?

David Brown: Oh c’mon James!

She noticeably shudders before continuing.

Ashla: But…over my lifetime I've learned to adapt to my circumstances. So I made the most of it and pursued my dream of becoming a psychologist. Countless hours combing through textbooks, copying notes, emailing professors, bribing security guards for extra computer time-

She pumps the certificate over her head.

Ashla: I DID IT!!!

The crowd cheers even louder as the arena becomes deafening.

Ashla: Thank you guys so much. It means everything to be back here today. And I’ll address why I’m back now in a moment, but first I want to thank Widowmaker for his support through it all. I’ve lived a life where the only person you can count on is yourself, but Widowmaker has given me a new perspective. And new opportunities.

The crowd cheers again as Ashla gestures for them to pour it on. After a few moments, she narrows her eyes and points to the stage at the top of the rampway.

Ashla: Now… Sophie Desire…ya know I’ve been called crazy in my lifetime but you are a whole new basketcase. You’d fit in well where I just came from. Cause’ in my professional opinion…why you’re simply batsh-

She holds up a hand and closes her eyes, taking a couple of well-rehearsed breaths before opening her eyes and continuing.

Ashla: Mentally disturbed. And seeing as no one else around here is qualified to fix your affliction, I decided to make a personal visit. And sweetheart I hope you keep an open schedule because we still have a LOT to work through.

James Brown: How about the authorities come and pick them both up?

David Brown: She’s a reformed citizen James! A doctor for God’s sake. She was a young woman who made a couple of mistakes, true, but persevered and is now helping others using the lessons and skills she’s learned.

James Brown: God save us all.

The young woman held up a finger and shook her head.

Ashla: But you’ll have to wait your turn. Cause the patient file I’m currently reviewing is one Mr. Roak. Notable street fighter turned wrestler, I can certainly relate there. What a dark personality too, do I sense some narcissism? The stench of confidence is all over you.

Her finger wags in a scolding manner.

Ashla: I wish I could tell you this will be a painless process, that you can simply lay down and count the lights and it’ll be all over. But what good would that do? Could I really look at my license here and take pride in that kind of lazy treatment? No, of course I couldn’t. You can’t reason with a narcissist, but you can beat reason into them. Lucky for you, that’s one of my many specialties.

The crowd swells with excitement as the energy swirls into a maelstrom. The downpour of cheers falls from the rafters and heralds a new season, filled with anticipation and the promise of glory.  

Widowmaker likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum