Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Ashla_Mari
Ashla_Mari

Patient Zero - Backstage Interview Area - Before Match Empty Patient Zero - Backstage Interview Area - Before Match

Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:55 pm
White lights shower down expansive walls, a canvas for memories to be written on. After tonight those memories will be recorded in the books of history, a chronicle that will live on well after any of its participants.

Whispers of conversations float down the hallways, intermingling with the gentle hum of light fixtures, and clash together in an open studio space. Bright lights illuminate the stage area where a desk sits, with a familiar occupant harshly whispering into his phone.

Mark White: What do you mean there’s nothing left to pursue? Did you watch the last show? I was humiliated in that segment. That’s gotta be emotional damages or something right? And now I have to interview HER? Seriously wh-

His relentless monologue ends abruptly when another familiar figure hops onto his desk, sending papers, pens, and a mug of coffee careering across the setup. The mug shatters and Mark White nearly flies into the ceiling.

Ashla Mari: Heya Mark! Who’s that, your therapist?

Terror takes its hideous shape in Mark’s eyes as he checks all four corners of the area. He then looks back at Ashla.

The Beanie Thief turns to look around too, her expression showing the same bewilderment he was a moment ago.

Ashla Mari: You okay? We’re scheduled for a segment Mark. C’mon! I was hoping to see Susan after this so let’s get it rolling!

Before Mark could offer a rebuttal, she was already waving the cameraman over and settling into the chair. She fluffs her leather jacket and looks at her interviewer with intrigue.

Mark White: R-right, good evening and welcome to the brand new factory arena. I’m Mark White and am joined tonight by Ashla Mar-

Dr. Ashla Mari: Doctor, Mark. It’s doctor now.

Mark adjusts the papers on his desk.

Mark White: ‘Doctor’ Ashla Mari, by her proclamation, is facing off against Firm representative Sophie Desire in the first round of the BWE championship tournament. Any thoughts on tonight’s opponent?

The Beanie Thief appears somewhat annoyed at the introduction.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Ms. Desire has a highly inflamed opinion of herself, which puts her at risk for a rude awakening tonight. She’s a sadist whose more concerned about ‘man meat’ than preparing for her matches. It’s like she’s a projection from Clive Barker’s mind in his Hellraiser franchise.

She raises her legs and props them on Mark White’s desk.

Dr. Ashla Mari: And I’m gonna dissect that little blonde cherry bomb and see what makes her tick. Hopefully, my last match serves as an example for everyone on this roster. The mind is a dangerous place, to explore it you have to pry deep and push them to their limits. Another one of my specialties.

Mark White only offers an incredulous look after listening to Sophie Desire’s psych evaluation.

Mark White: Given how the last meeting between the two of you went, is it likely we can expect some interference from Widowmaker on your behalf? Considering what’s all being said backsta-

She springs from the chair, pushing off the armrests to slide over the desk. Her legs dangle next to his legs, a threatening sneer mocking him from above from her new seat.

Dr. Ashla Mari: If you actually believe the two of us have some sort of connection, is it then wise to try and piss me off? You’ve been making snide remarks this entire time and I’m tired of it. I think I may need to do something about that to correct this undesirable behavior.

Mark sinks further into his seat as she slowly leans in. Her eyes flick upwards with a gleam.

Dr. Ashla Mari: All yours Widowmaker.

She flips her legs over the other side and hops off. Mark White quickly spins around in his chair and tries to slide away, crashing into his desk in abject horror. But there’s no one there. It was all a ruse!

Dr. Ashla Mari: Looks like we need to work through some things still Mark. I’ll come visit you sometime soon.

Her eyes stare down the camera.

Dr. Ashla Mari: I’ll see you in the ring tonight Sophie. Let’s have a productive session together.

Widowmaker likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum