Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Ashla_Mari
Ashla_Mari

Professional Courtesy - Backstage Interview Empty Professional Courtesy - Backstage Interview

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 pm
Susan Black is walking down the hallway as her cameraman follows diligently. A familiar beanie steps out and spots the pair, waving emphatically. The experienced interviewer immediately turns around and pretends to adjust her earpiece.

In a moment the younger woman reaches her side and smirks at the performance.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Oh c’mon with the theatrics. There’s a reason why you’re an interviewer and not a performer! Look Suzy-B, I promise this is just about business, nothing personal… Not yet, anyways.

Ashla smirks knowingly, the pair sharing an uncomfortable moment.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  So let’s have an interview and talk about what’s happened.

Susan sighs, gathers herself, and then turns to face the younger woman.

Susan Black: Fine then. Would you like to talk about how Sophie Desire beat you cleanly and eliminated you from the BWE championship tournament?

Those words were harsh in response but matter-of-fact in their genuineness. Irritation curls Ashla’s lips into a faint scowl.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Pyschology is as much a learning process as it is understanding. Just when I thought I had Ms. Desire all figured out, she showed me another side of her that was hidden below. That’s what we call a “breakthrough” in my profession. Credit to her, and good luck. Cause’ if she ends up facing Widowmaker then she’s gonna need it.

Susan Black: One final question before we move on. You commented when speaking to my colleague Mark White last show that Sophie may not have been preparing for your match. In other words, not taking it seriously.

Ashla nods along uninterestingly, unsure where this is going.

Susan Black: Some people have pointed out the fact you were waiting around Widowmaker’s locker room, and after fan girling about his new look, you were rushing off to catch his match. Instead of preparing for your match slated later that night. In other words, YOU weren’t taking Sophie seriously.

Piped-in crowd noise provides an audible pop as fans appreciate Susan Black’s no-nonsense journalistic integrity. Ashla points a finger at her as her face turns tints of red.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Oh trust me Suzy-B, I’m treating Sophie seriously! And we’re soon going to know each other more intimately than she ever desired. That last match? That’s NOTHING compared to what’s in store. And I’d suspect she very much agrees with me.

Another pop from the crowd as it appears this rivalry is only getting started! The younger woman reaches into her leather jacket and produces a compacted folder. She opens it and gives her interviewer the same confident look as before.

Dr. Ashla Mari: But let’s move on and talk about my next patient who I have an appointment with tonight. The Glory champion, Mr. Jack Dangermond. So-called “Rockstar” persona is just an excuse to convince himself his actions are appropriate regardless of the circumstances.

Susan takes a cautious step forward to provide her arm some more slack, enabling her to adjust the microphone as Ashla speaks.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Media availability at three? I’ll just have a few drinks and show up half-drunk at four, throw my hands up, and tell them ‘the party has arrived’. It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks. It only matters what ‘I’ think. He skirts responsibilities and holds himself above any standard. And how would he have us believe him? Cause he knows a few guitar chords and can play a progression?

A soft chuckle from the aspiring psychologist who shakes her head in bemusement.

Dr. Ashla Mari: This level of arrogance is dangerous in an individual. When one is so diluted by their self-importance, they act with supreme confidence. They usually won’t hesitate, for better or worst. This recent championship victory seems to have only magnified this misguided personality. Which leaves only one concrete solution at this time.

The Beanie Thief turns to face the camera while holding a finger up. Susan expertly adjusts the microphone she’s holding so it doesn’t impede the talent.

Dr. Ashla Mari: I’m just going to have to pin you to the mat and wait for the three count, successfully liberating that burdensome weight from your waist. Clearly, it's unhealthy for you Jack. So let me help you tonight, and we can work on the rest of you another time.

Ashla winks at the camera and abruptly walks away, ignoring Susan Black who only shakes her head in frustration at the display.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum