Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Ashla_Mari
Ashla_Mari

Backstage Introductions - Catering - Opening Segment (CLOSED) Empty Backstage Introductions - Catering - Opening Segment (CLOSED)

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:22 am
The scene opens to Dr. Ashla Mari sitting at catering and enjoying herself to one of the production member’s plates as he checks his phone. She then notices the camera and puts a finger to her lips before jumping over the table to rush at the camera.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Hey! What you just saw there was my latest method for getting inside the mentality of my patients. I’ll be sure to follow-up with that troubled man and discuss the abhorrent taste buds he’s been enduring his entire life. Everyone knows the chicken breasts are always dry, that’s why you gotta go with the pork, right?

Just then a voice is heard off-screen.

???: Hey Mike are we ready to head to the set?

The camera turns to reveal Mark White, who’s looking down at his phone, walks up to the duo. His eyes glance up, and turn wide, as he sees his cameraman’s acquaintance.

Mark White: Oh, um actually we should really get going. Like right now! We’re uh-

Dr. Ashla Mari: Oooooh perfect timing! You just have a knack for this Mark, it’s truly unparalleled. I bet you’re off to interview the new blood. No? But hey before that we should take this opportunity to catch up!

Last edited by Ashla_Mari on Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Widowmaker likes this post

Widowmaker
Widowmaker

Backstage Introductions - Catering - Opening Segment (CLOSED) Empty Re: Backstage Introductions - Catering - Opening Segment (CLOSED)

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:45 pm
About that time, Widowmaker walks into catering through the doorway that is located behind Mark White. Since he has no scheduled match, Widowmaker is wearing his street clothes, with cowboy hat and vest.

Widowmaker looks around the catering area before looking past the back of Mark White's head and directly at Ashla Mari. Their eyes lock for a moment and Widowmaker raises a finger to his lips to signal to the Glory Champion to not give him away...yet.

Completely distracted by his phone and the fact that the Beanie Thief Champ is standing directly in front of him, Mark White has no clue that Widowmaker is slowly creeping up on him from behind.

Widowmaker reaches Mark White and raises two fingers behind Mark's head and gives him bunny ears as he makes faces behind Mark's back.

Ashla Mari does her best to maintain her composure in front of Mark White. The corner of her mouth raises ever so slightly as she fights off laughing and prepares to play along with Widowmaker.

Widowmaker motions for the Champ to continue.

Ashla_Mari likes this post

Ashla_Mari
Ashla_Mari

Backstage Introductions - Catering - Opening Segment (CLOSED) Empty Re: Backstage Introductions - Catering - Opening Segment (CLOSED)

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 am
Dr. Ashla Mari: Say Mark, you look different tonight. I just noticed it now looking at you.

Mark's darting eyes stop looking for the nearest exit to focus back on her.

Mark White: Wha- Huh? Really?

Dr. Ashla Mari: Yeah!! Now I'm totally seeing it!

Widowmaker's unseen gestures only ramp up in creativity as Mark remains oblivious.

It doesn't seem like Ashla is gonna be able to maintain her composure for much longer.

Mark White: Well actually I did start using some new product in my hair. I saw an infomercial on the tele and it's supposed to restore your natural shine.

Widowmaker likes this post

Widowmaker
Widowmaker

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 am
Unable to resist any longer, Widowmaker quickly licks the palms and fingers of both of his hands. He reaches out and runs both of his hands through Mark's hair, using his fingers to spike the interviewer's short hair straight up.

Mark White jumps a foot and a half up into the air and quickly turns around to see Widowmaker, right behind him. A look of sheer terror appears on Mark's face as he falls over himself to get away from the DC Enforcer.

Unable to contain herself, the Glory Champion begins to laugh uncontrollably and falls into a seated position on a nearby chair.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  Oh my God, I'm gonna pee!

After tripping and scrambling to get away, Mark White falls into a chair a couple of seats away from the Beanie Thief, who is doing her best to stop laughing.

A huge smile appears on Widowmaker's face as he looks down at the now seated and completely startled Mark White.

Widowmaker:  Damn Mark, you look like you've seen the Boogy Man. I do like your new look though.

Mark runs his hand through his hair to smooth it back out and gives Widowmaker a look of disgust.

Widowmaker:  Awww, what's the matter Markey...did I break a hair...are you going to try and sue me again?

Just before Mark White can reply, the look on Ashla Mari's face changes to one of disgust. She raises her nose into the air and begins sniffing.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  What the hell is that foul smell?!

The Champion continues to sniff the air and looks in the direction of Mark White.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  Oh gross, it's you!

Now Widowmaker begins to laugh as he leans toward Mark a little.

Mark looks horrified and embarrassed, at the same time.

Widowmaker:  Oh good lord, what is wrong with you?! Who are you...Mark Vonshitzinpantz?! Don't you have newbies to interview before their matches tonight? You better go wipe your ass man and clean up.

Dr Ashla Mari holds a hand over her nose and mouth as Mark White quickly scrambles away for the bathroom, completely humiliated.

Widowmaker turns to look at Ashla and smiles.

Widowmaker:  He's not coming back is he?

The Glory Champion removes her hand from her face and shakes her head.

Ashla Mari:  Nope.

Widowmaker:  I didn't think so.

Widowmaker spies Mark White's microphone left on the table where he was seated. He looks back at Ashla Mari. They both look down at the abandoned microphone and then back at each other. A devious smile appears on Widowmaker's face.

Widowmaker:  Welcome Committee?

The Beanie Thief smiles and nods her head in agreement.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  Welcome Committee.

Widowmaker reaches down and picks up the microphone. The DC Enforcer and the Champion both turn and face the camera. They both put on their best fake journalist smile.

Widowmaker:  Hello, and welcome to all of the Path to Glory roster newcomers. We are happy that you are here and hope you enjoy your stay. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Widowmaker of the Dream Council...and this is.

Widowmaker moves the microphone in front of Ashla's mouth

Dr. Ashla Mari:  Doctor Ashla Mari, your mental health expert and most importantly, YOUR Glory Champion.

Widowmaker:  That's right. And we are your Welcome Committee.

So...

Ashla Mari & Widowmaker:  Welcome.

Widowmaker:  We know that tonight is your night as each of you have matches. Ashla and I will be watching and evaluating all of you tonight. The Doctor will do her assessments and prescribe what kind of treatment you will be receiving by...

Widowmaker points a finger at the Champ.

Widowmaker:  You?

Ashla points back at Widowmaker.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  I thought you?

Widowmaker looks back at the camera.

Widowmaker:  One of us...or maybe even both of us.

That being said, we wish you all good luck tonight and expect to see all of your best out there. Just remember, we are watching, so you may want to watch your backs.

Widowmaker looks at Ashla, standing next to him.

Widowmaker:  Any final words Doc?

Oh yea, almost forgot about dinner. Do you want Italian or seafood tonight?

Widowmaker hands the microphone to the Champ.

Ashla_Mari likes this post

Ashla_Mari
Ashla_Mari

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 am
Her face turns into deep contemplation as she accepts the microphone.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Italian with some wine sounds like a perfect way to top off tonight. And one last piece of advice for our new blood. You better stay away from Sophie Desire unless you want to spend your entire year's salary on my sofa. Just cause you're new doesn't mean you get any discounts either! Actually, probably best just to avoid The Firm altogether. They're a bunch of headcases.

She twirls her finger next to her head as the universal sign for someone crazy. She glances up at her tribal warrior.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Well we should probably get going if we want to catch the next match. Oh! Maybe we'll run into Susan too. I feel like she's been avoiding me lately.

The Doc wraps her arm around his waist and drops the microphone. Widowmaker smiles in bemusement as the two walk off together.
Ashla_Mari
Ashla_Mari

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:37 am
The scene opens to Dr. Ashla Mari sitting at catering and enjoying herself to one of the production member’s plates as he checks his phone. She then notices the camera and puts a finger to her lips before jumping over the table to rush at the camera.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Hey! What you just saw there was my latest method for getting inside the mentality of my patients. I’ll be sure to follow-up with that troubled man and discuss the abhorrent taste buds he’s been enduring his entire life. Everyone knows the chicken breasts are always dry, that’s why you gotta go with the pork, right?

Just then a voice is heard off-screen.

???: Hey Mike are we ready to head to the set?

The camera turns to reveal Mark White, who’s looking down at his phone, walks up to the duo. His eyes glance up, and turn wide, as he sees his cameraman’s acquaintance.

Mark White: Oh, um actually we should really get going. Like right now! We’re uh-

Dr. Ashla Mari: Oooooh perfect timing! You just have a knack for this Mark, it’s truly unparalleled. I bet you’re off to interview the new blood. No? But hey before that we should take this opportunity to catch up!

About that time, Widowmaker walks into catering through the doorway that is located behind Mark White. Since he has no scheduled match, Widowmaker is wearing his street clothes, with cowboy hat and vest.

Widowmaker looks around the catering area before looking past the back of Mark White's head and directly at Ashla Mari. Their eyes lock for a moment and Widowmaker raises a finger to his lips to signal to the Glory Champion to not give him away...yet.

Completely distracted by his phone and the fact that the Beanie Thief Champ is standing directly in front of him, Mark White has no clue that Widowmaker is slowly creeping up on him from behind.

Widowmaker reaches Mark White and raises two fingers behind Mark's head and gives him bunny ears as he makes faces behind Mark's back.

Ashla Mari does her best to maintain her composure in front of Mark White. The corner of her mouth raises ever so slightly as she fights off laughing and prepares to play along with Widowmaker.

Widowmaker motions for the Champ to continue.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Say Mark, you look different tonight. I just noticed it now looking at you.

Mark's darting eyes stop looking for the nearest exit to focus back on her.

Mark White: Wha- Huh? Really?

Dr. Ashla Mari: Yeah!! Now I'm totally seeing it!

Widowmaker's unseen gestures only ramp up in creativity as Mark remains oblivious.

It doesn't seem like Ashla is gonna be able to maintain her composure for much longer.

Mark White: Well actually I did start using some new product in my hair. I saw an infomercial on the tele and it's supposed to restore your natural shine.

Unable to resist any longer, Widowmaker quickly licks the palms and fingers of both of his hands. He reaches out and runs both of his hands through Mark's hair, using his fingers to spike the interviewer's short hair straight up.

Mark White jumps a foot and a half up into the air and quickly turns around to see Widowmaker, right behind him. A look of sheer terror appears on Mark's face as he falls over himself to get away from the DC Enforcer.

Unable to contain herself, the Glory Champion begins to laugh uncontrollably and falls into a seated position on a nearby chair.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  Oh my God, I'm gonna pee!

After tripping and scrambling to get away, Mark White falls into a chair a couple of seats away from the Beanie Thief, who is doing her best to stop laughing.

A huge smile appears on Widowmaker's face as he looks down at the now seated and completely startled Mark White.

Widowmaker:  Damn Mark, you look like you've seen the Boogy Man. I do like your new look though.

Mark runs his hand through his hair to smooth it back out and gives Widowmaker a look of disgust.

Widowmaker:  Awww, what's the matter Markey...did I break a hair...are you going to try and sue me again?

Just before Mark White can reply, the look on Ashla Mari's face changes to one of disgust. She raises her nose into the air and begins sniffing.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  What the hell is that foul smell?!

The Champion continues to sniff the air and looks in the direction of Mark White.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  Oh gross, it's you!

Now Widowmaker begins to laugh as he leans toward Mark a little.

Mark looks horrified and embarrassed, at the same time.

Widowmaker:  Oh good lord, what is wrong with you?! Who are you...Mark Vonshitzinpantz?! Don't you have newbies to interview before their matches tonight? You better go wipe your ass man and clean up.

Dr Ashla Mari holds a hand over her nose and mouth as Mark White quickly scrambles away for the bathroom, completely humiliated.

Widowmaker turns to look at Ashla and smiles.

Widowmaker:  He's not coming back is he?

The Glory Champion removes her hand from her face and shakes her head.

Ashla Mari:  Nope.

Widowmaker:  I didn't think so.

Widowmaker spies Mark White's microphone left on the table where he was seated. He looks back at Ashla Mari. They both look down at the abandoned microphone and then back at each other. A devious smile appears on Widowmaker's face.

Widowmaker:  Welcome Committee?

The Beanie Thief smiles and nods her head in agreement.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  Welcome Committee.

Widowmaker reaches down and picks up the microphone. The DC Enforcer and the Champion both turn and face the camera. They both put on their best fake journalist smile.

Widowmaker:  Hello, and welcome to all of the Path to Glory roster newcomers. We are happy that you are here and hope you enjoy your stay. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Widowmaker of the Dream Council...and this is.

Widowmaker moves the microphone in front of Ashla's mouth

Dr. Ashla Mari:  Doctor Ashla Mari, your mental health expert and most importantly, YOUR Glory Champion.

Widowmaker:  That's right. And we are your Welcome Committee.

So...

Ashla Mari & Widowmaker:  Welcome.

Widowmaker:  We know that tonight is your night as each of you have matches. Ashla and I will be watching and evaluating all of you tonight. The Doctor will do her assessments and prescribe what kind of treatment you will be receiving by...

Widowmaker points a finger at the Champ.

Widowmaker:  You?

Ashla points back at Widowmaker.

Dr. Ashla Mari:  I thought you?

Widowmaker looks back at the camera.

Widowmaker:  One of us...or maybe even both of us.

That being said, we wish you all good luck tonight and expect to see all of your best out there. Just remember, we are watching, so you may want to watch your backs.

Widowmaker looks at Ashla, standing next to him.

Widowmaker:  Any final words Doc?

Oh yea, almost forgot about dinner. Do you want Italian or seafood tonight?

Widowmaker hands the microphone to the Champ.

Her face turns into deep contemplation as she accepts the microphone.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Italian with some wine sounds like a perfect way to top off tonight. And one last piece of advice for our new blood. You better stay away from Sophie Desire unless you want to spend your entire year's salary on my sofa. Just cause you're new doesn't mean you get any discounts either! Actually, probably best just to avoid The Firm altogether. They're a bunch of headcases.

She twirls her finger next to her head as the universal sign for someone crazy. She glances up at her tribal warrior.

Dr. Ashla Mari: Well we should probably get going if we want to catch the next match. Oh! Maybe we'll run into Susan too. I feel like she's been avoiding me lately.

The Doc wraps her arm around his waist and drops the microphone. Widowmaker smiles in bemusement as the two walk off together.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum