Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Goliathus

Greetings -- Empire (Show 6) Empty Greetings -- Empire (Show 6)

Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:38 am
A brand new song to the crowd plays around the arena as the freshman Yukimura Furuhata makes his very first entrance into the PtG ring. He waves at the disconcerted crowd as he progresses down the ramp at a relaxing speed, sometimes with the left hand and sometimes with the right, making sure he doesn't miss anyone on either side. The mic in his hand gets passed between both hands.

The dead crowd doesn't affect him at all, as he understands he is a complete stranger to them, and looking at all of them only affirms his goal of eventually making his name known in this very ring, to eventually get a reaction out of them.

David Brown: Who is this dork? Why are we recruiting so many plain-looking wrestlers now?

James Brown: Come on, brother, don't be such a downer. It's great that we are getting a lot of fresh faces. It's a sign of growth for our amazing product.

David Brown: They are only dragging our amazing product down with them at this point. Look at this guy, he's so happy that he doesn't know what will soon hit him -- a clothesline that will knock him out, or a big slam that has him waking up next Monday. It's not high school over here, it's the toughest wrestling federation in the whole damn world. Yet, he's walking around like a nerd's first day in high school. There's no room for a blissful naivety here.

James Brown: He hasn't even done anything in the ring yet, give him a chance. Everyone deserves one. And I am sure our scouting team isn't recruiting anyone horrible.

Furuhata calmly walks up the stairs to the ringside and politely goes through the second rope on his way in. He doesn't do anything fancy inside the ring, just gets his way straight into the middle of it.

Yukimura Furuhata: Harlo a-veryone, my name issu Yukimura Furuhata.

David Brown: Oh great, Japanglish; can't we afford a translator?

James Brown: I like that we are getting recognized and have the best wrestlers around the globe joining us.

David Brown: Oh please, you haven't even seen him wrestle yet. And talking-wise, he's currently 0 out of 10 for me. If he wrestles like he speaks Engrish -- gah, I mean, English -- see, even I am getting influenced by his bad verbal skill. If he wrestles like he speaks English, we need to get him out the door right away!

He naively waits for the crowd to react...and gets absolutely nothing for a few seconds. That doesn't faze the smile on his face though. It's on his face for the entire screen time and nothing is taking it off as of yet. He continues.

Yukimura Furuhata: I just want to say "tank kyu" to having me. Yu guys don't know me, but I appreciate yu all -- the GM, the owner, they make me here. I think, is a great honor to be here, to show yu guys the puroresu style.

He holds the mic with both hands, like a knight clenching his blade of honor, as he says "puroresu". A word he has the utmost respect for, a word he will defend every time he steps into the ring.

Yukimura Furuhata: I think, there are too many flips and jumps in wrestling now. I want to show the world, the different style -- the amazing style from the past. The traditional pro wrestling.

It is at this point that he suddenly rushes to one of the turnbuckles, runs up with the assist of the rope, and does an easy backflip back down to the ring.

Yukimura Furuhata: See? I can do them. They look beautiful. They amazing. But...I don't think I need them to show good wrestling. Tradition is missing now and I want to show them to people. I hope I can make people appreciate the basic. I believe in the basic. The fundamental.

David Brown: It's not too late for him to change his name to "Fun da Mental" and pretend to be a European.

James Brown: There's actually a hip-hop group with that name in our land.

David Brown: Well no, I don't want to listen to his rap. That sounds even worse. And I thought I was already at the bottom of my day here.

Yukimura Furuhata: Too many wrestlers now don't believe in fundamentals. They believe in things that get them cheering. Moves that are good to see. I think wrestling has many amazing things -- more than those things. I want to show them. This is why I come here. I understand UK is a place for people who appreciate old wrestling style.

David Brown: He might be living in the 90s. We pride ourselves on training and making good technical wrestlers, but we offer far more than that. His speech reeks of retrogression, he's hopeless -- there I said it. I had given - according to you, James - a chance and I think he will soon face the realization that everything he believes in is delusional -- or even illusional. His perception of the world is so far back that I feel like he is hallucinating. The world inside his mind is different from us.

James Brown: I don't think we mind crazy lunatics as long as they are great in the ring. All the newcomers will soon be up for the test and I heard he's one of them. I can't wait to see what he can do in the ring.

David Brown: Eh, probably some boring clothesline and looping punches. Didn't you watch wrestling back in the 80s? Boring trading of punches, simple holds and stalling, weak moves like DDT putting those old geezers to sleep -- and the audience too! I don't want to sit through that kind of match, nor cast them!

Yukimura has a few seconds of silence after that, figuring out what else to say but comes up with nothing. He goes back to the middle of the ring and bows in perfect 90 degrees, each time in a different direction for a total of four times.

Yukimura Furuhata: That's all from me, thank you for giving me a chance here. I hope my first match will come soon.

With that closing statement, he drops the mic -- oh wait, he actually doesn't drop it. He rolls down the ring and hands it to one of the crews at ringside with both hands, carefully and delicately. As this is not a common behavior to see, it takes the crew member a second before he realizes he needs to grab the mic.

Yukimura nods politely and waves the crowd one last goodbye before he turns and walks toward the backstage. The crowd is as silent as they were when he comes out.

David Brown: I like that the crowd is agreeing with me that this guy deserves nothing.

James Brown: Give them time, David. Give them time.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum