Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
Goliathus

Interview -- Empire Show Empty Interview -- Empire Show

Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:07 am
The titantron video starts with Mark White standing on...somewhere that is surely not the arena. Behind him a plain wall in light green paint and the center of the camera focuses on what looks like a gym door, double-sided.

Mark White: Hello everyone, I am currently at...I don't even know where this is, it's a quiet area on the outskirt of London. I have never been here until now. No reason to go to this kind of places... until now, I guess. TI am here to check out the training of Yukimura Furuhata before his debut match on this show. He should be behind this door, in the middle of a training session, based on the info I am given. Let's go!

With as much enthusiasm as he can muster, Mark White pushes the door open and holds it for the cameraman to go in. The audience has the first person view along the cameraman on the way in. The audience is greeted with an open space. Tatami mats are all over the middle part of the spacious room. The quiet broken by the sound of human body being slammed real hard to the mat -- several of them.

To anyone who thought Yukimura would be the only one in the room, you are wrong. Very wrong. Many partitioners are working their skill in the room. Some are in gi and others without. Mark White and the cameraman have to spend some time locating their interviewee as the camera pans all over the room for quite some time. All the practitioners don't seem to care about two "intruders". They act like they were invisible and just keep working on their craft. Of course, some of them don't really have much of an option -- being in a disadvantageous position make them put their life and battle on top of anything else.

Mark White: There he is!

Mark White isn't here to waste his time watching unknown grapple for fun. Finding the man he wants lights a smile on his face. Yukimura, in a simple black-based rashguard shirt and short, is at the corner part of the tatami mat. He works his opponent into an armbar but quickly releases it as he sees the camera comes close, waving into the camera instead. He releases the hold and quickly gets up from the ground, showing respect to the POG visitors.

Mark White: Here you are, Mr. Furuhata. How are you feeling this morning?

Yukimura Furuhata: Great, great, I try my best be ready for the soon to come match.

Mark White: I don't think this is a very good first question but I just have to ask, you do realize the POG has their own performance center if you want to do your training? For free, might I add.

Yukimura Furuhata: Yes, I am there yesterday.

Mark White: Why aren't you returning today?

Yukimura Furuhata: Different opponent very important in martial arts. And different arts as well. There are all the wrestling rings but wrestling rings only. I want to train on the mat today. With different opponents. That way I learn more because everyone has different style. These people cannot enter the performance center, so we come here to train together.

It is at this time that Mark White had enough of the background noise and asks for the interview to be had away from all the action. They move to a quiet corner of the room, saving the audience from the distraction of random grapple matches in the background before now.

Mark White: I understand what you mean...I think? But, shouldn't you be focusing on preparing for your upcoming debut match? People don't usually do other martial arts when they are preparing for a combat match. You seem to be taking it differently. Are you not focusing on the debut match?

Yukimura Furuhata: I don't think that way is good. Preparing for a match is not doing the same thing everyday, twenty-four hours a day. I do wrestling training yesterday in the center; I do pure grapple training today. Tomorrow, I might do some striking. Pro wrestling is not just wrestling, I believe in doing many, different things so I can mix them together in the ring.

Mark White: In a gauntlet match, you will be facing all sort of different opponents. Not that I had a lot of ring experience, but I would expect you to have more pro wrestling training to tackle different styles. Is that not the case? Or are you not putting too much attentions on your opponents' different styles.

Yukimura Furuhata: I care about my opponents' style. I understand they all have different approaches inside the ring. But I also believe that it's better to make them play my own style. The best of the best do this. They have people play their style. Khabib, everyone knows his style, everyone works to fight his style, but he still win his way. I think that is pure greatness.

Mark White: This is a debut match for all the wrestlers in it. Do you have a primary opponent among them? The one that you think is the most threatening to your position to win the match.

Yukimura Furuhata: Too little info. I have asked for info, but the staffs tell me they don't have a lot to share. I think the winner is the one to adapt the best inside the ring. What I try to do is to have the most different skills in everyone.

Mark White: Alright, that's all from me today. Good luck in your debut, Mr. Furuhata.

Yukimura bows and waves the camera good bye as it fades to black.

Stuntmasterpecs likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum