Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
mauler
mauler

To tell the truth (closed) Empty To tell the truth (closed)

Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:13 pm
A clip of the game show, To Tell the Truth, starts playing.  Anthony Anderson is the host with a celebrity panel and three contestants.

Anthony Anderson:  This person in their own words is a world-renowned multi-time world champion in professional wrestling.  This person has written a New York Times best selling book and is a Nobel prize winner in the category of Literature.  This person dabbles in robotics in their spare time.

Mama Doris:  Ohhh, I know who it is.

Mama Doris displays a sly grin.

Anthony Anderson:  Mama!!! not now.  Let the panelists ask their questions before blurting out your guess.  Panelists...

Panelist #1:  Contestant #1, were you a member of any big factions?

Contestant #1:  Yes, I belonged to this group called DC.  But I eventually grew tired of their BS.  I ditched the group and then turned around and beat them all up.  It was very cathartic.

Panelist #1:  Contestant #2, same question.

Contestant #2:  It was a long time ago, but I was a member of this group called Men of Honor.  Members came and went, but eventually each one of them decided to hang up their wrestling boots.  I'm the proverbial last man standing.

Panelist #1:  Contestant #3, same question.

Contestant #3:  I'm a lone wolf.  I don't believe in groups or factions.  I may side with them from time to time to suit my needs, but I eventually toss them away like discarded robot parts.

Anthony Anderson turns to look at his mama.

Anthony Anderson:  Kinda of like what you did to me in Italy, huh Mama??

Mama Doris:  Oh Anthony, quit crying over spilled milk.  All that culture you were trying to impose on me...you'd have better luck trying to beat our contestants in the ring.'

Panelist #2:  Contestant #2, what's your favorite beer?

Contestant #2:  Cold beer.

The crowd laughs at the answer.

Contestant #2:  I don't generally have a single favorite beer.  There a few a dislike.  There is one beer, when I'm home, I gravitate to.  One of my enemies really dislikes it.  Next time we wrestle, after I leave him in a heap in the middle of the ring, I'll have a toast to him and then pour it down his throat.

Contestant #2 smirks.

Panelist #2:  Contestant #1, what's your finishing move?

Contestant #1:  It's called the Eye-Beam.  I literally point to the ceiling and a steel I-beam falls on my opponent.  It's quite effective.

Panelist #2:  Hmm, I'd think that wouldn't be the most ideal move as it would render someone deceased. Contestant #3, same question.

Contestant #3: I call it the Eye-Beam. I poke my opponent in the eyes and while they are blinded, I kick them in the gut and then put them down with a face buster.

Panelist #2: I supposed I could see that, no pun intended. Contestant 2...

Contestant #2: My move is also called the Eye-Beam. It is a modified version of a Canadian Destroyer. I had a different move originally, but everyone got tired of being on the receiving end of it and they eventually got it banned.

Panelist #2: Well, that isn't cool.

Anthony Anderson: Ok, it's time for everyone to make their final guesses as to who our mystery wrestler is.

Panelist #1: I'm picking Contestant #3. I liked their answers and they just...look the part.

Panelist #2: I'm also picking Contestant #3. Contestant #1, I liked your answers, but dropping a steel beam on someone...just doesn't seem plausible.

Anthony Anderson: Ok Mama, now it's your turn to guess.

Mama Doris: It's Contestant #2 all the way.

Anthony Anderson: Ok, will the real wrestler please stand up.

The three contestants start faking as to who will eventually stand up until finally, Contestant #2 stands up. The crowd cheers.

Anthony Anderson: Contestant #2, identify yourself.

Contestant #2: I'm the Pittsburgh Mauler.

Anthony Anderson: Hey, didn't you disparage my mama a few weeks ago in Manchester?

The Pittsburgh Mauler: That wasn't me. That was Widowmaker. He's the one I'm going to pour Iron City beer down his throat.

Anthony Anderson: Well then, good luck to you and I hope you succeed in that task. That's all the time we have tonight for To Tell the Truth.

The credits start to roll and the camera fades to black.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum