Path to Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Go down
RedArrow
RedArrow

Keep your eyes open.... You won't want to miss the events to follow Empty Keep your eyes open.... You won't want to miss the events to follow

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:40 am
Fade into an expensively decorated room…

Wisps of smoke spun lazily about on the floor. At the very edge of the room Red Arrow could see the faint outline of a grandfather clock. Its loud ticking filled the air, the sound seemingly pounding against the very sides of Red Arrow’s skull. A flash of slowly building aggression appeared on his face, no longer was Red Arrow’s face an impassive mask, emotion filled out his fine boned features.

???: Weak. Pathetic. You couldn’t get the job done could you? It was opening night, the first round of a tournament and you lost. You still have that briefcase, to challenge for The Glory Championship. Do not fail again.”

A dark suit-clad figure walked around Red Arrow in a circle. The ticking of the clock grew ever louder, like the thunderous roar of a wild animal.

As time went on Red Arrow thought he caught glimpses of a faintly mocking smirk adorning this entity's face. Had he lost his mind? Had his loss brought about a darker, stronger version that had lain dormant in his mind?.

???: “I’ve always been lurking inside your mind, your physical form is but a vessel that houses my mind. As long as you were winning I was content to let you be in control, but now that you’ve lost? I’m taking over.”

The nameless entity walked another slow eerie circle around Red Arrow.

Red Arrow: “How could it be possible that I’m housing someone inside my physical form? Wouldn’t I know if I was?.”

???: “Your memories were altered, were wiped away leaving no trace of my existence. It wasn’t until you had that run in with Edomite that the final chain holding me back snapped and allowed me to wake up.”

Red Arrow took a deep cleansing breath, attempting to focus after this latest revelation.

Red Arrow: “So what do I call you then? Do you even have a name?”

???: “For now…. You can simply think of me as The Darkness. In simpler terms I’m a manifestation of everything that you wish you could be. That one day you will be. All you need to do is let me take control.”

Red Arrow released a breath, one that they had been holding for what felt like the last several seconds.

???: “Soon I’ll be one step closer to announcing myself on the world’s stage. It's fitting that the first fight I’ve been in control of will be for a championship. Jack Dangermond is it…. Hold that title close, cherish it, countdown the final days…. Hours, for soon your reign will be ended by my hand.”

Eerie laughter flowed forth into the air, laughter that it seemed belonged to the entity who Red Arrow shared a body with.

???: “Strategies, plans, counter-plans, I think all things through down to even the most mundane of details. Perhaps the closest comparison that exists to myself is Professor James Moriarty. That would be to say insanity is my closest companion.”

A composed chilling look fell over the features of This Darkness. This look was more chilling than if a series of threats had been issued.

???: “Some think of me as a spider, spinning a web, weaving fate. I prefer to think of myself as a chess player, moving pieces about the board as I see fit. Thinking ten steps ahead, walking a path that will lead me to exactly where I need to be.”

No more words were spoken as Red Arrow turned on his heel, the clicking sounds of sturdy leather shoes echoing along the floor to reveal a single question written neatly along the very surface upon which Red Arrow had stood.

The truth is stranger than fiction, keep your eyes open, you won’t want to miss a moment of what is to come.

Fade to black…

Ashla_Mari likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum